I don’t know if some of you have been to these live reads at LACMA, where a classic film is read live on stage by actors who just sit and read the script. We did one recently of American Pie, but we reversed the gender roles. All the women played men; all the men played women. And it was so fascinating to be a part of this because, as the women took on these central roles — they had all the good lines, they had all the good laughs, all the great moments — the men who joined us to sit on stage started squirming rather uncomfortably and got really bored because they weren’t used to being the supporting cast.
It was fascinating to feel their discomfort [and] to discuss it with them afterward, when they said, “It’s boring to play the girl role!” And I said, “Yeah. Yeah. You think? Welcome to our world!
To help gear up for the new season of Orphan Black in April, a friend of mine helped me put together this lovely giveaway for all the Tatiana Maslany’s out there! All items have been fan made (or by a friend of a fan). I have enough goodies here for not one but two winners! Here’s a look at what’s inside this giveaway.
Each winner will get
- 12 buttons
- 8 pages worth of stationary complete with envelopes and a gel pen (Pen and envelopes not pictured)
- 4 magnets
- 1 Helena inspired mug
- 1 box of Jell-o (if you want one, I felt it was fitting to go with the mug)
Now for the rules.
- Reblog as many times as you like for an entry, just be kind to your followers.
- Likes don’t count as an entry.
- You don’t have to follow me to win
- Make sure your ask are open so I can message you if you do win!
- No giveaway blogs! (I will check)
- You’ve gotta be willing to give me your address.
- I will ship to anywhere and I will be paying for the postage (space my take a little longer to get there)
- Winners must respond back to me within 2 days
- The giveaway will be closed on March 1st by the end of the day (midnight- eastern standard time)
- The first winner will get first pick of the stationary
- The second winner will get first pick of the buttons
I will be keeping track of everyone that reblogs this giveaway. At the end of the giveaway I will use a random number generator to pick the winners. Feel free to send me a message with any questions, comments, concerns, or funny stories. Also, thank you Anna for all your help! Good luck Clone Club!
**So I’ve had a few messages about the mug. If you are interested in purchasing a mug once the give away is finished, feel free to send me a message so I can have some ready.**
sometimes, when life gets particularly sad or hard, i remind myself that my leopard gecko begs at the glass when i’m ripping paper towels and then runs to the top of his log in anticipation of me putting a bit there because he likes to spoon with it
someone wanted to see what he looks like when i’m about to give him the paper towel
behold a baby lizard attempting to contain a joy too large for his tiny body